What is the Student Status?
If you are registered for at least 70 hours/month for more than 3 months at AFLyon, you will get the student status which gives you the right to:
- Enjoy student benefits such as discounts in public transportation, cinemas, theatres and access to cafeterias managed by Crous.
- Join the Student National Health Insurance (Sécurité Sociale étudiante) for free. In France, Sécurité Sociale reimburses your medical expenses if you are ill, injured or hospitalized.
- International students who stay less than 90 days cannot apply for the Student National Health Insurance. If you are in this situation, we recommend you to purchase an international health insurance in your country which will cover your stay in France.
- If you have a VLS-TS visa, you will be able to work part-time (20 hours/ week maximum) in France.
How to apply for the Sécurité Sociale étudiante?
- Create an account on the National Health Insurance for Foreign Students when you get your school registration certificate and your visa,
- You will have to upload several official documents and a bank account statement (IBAN). Please note that you do not need to have a French bank account.
- To complete your registration, follow these steps.
- There is no point in purchasing private insurance in your home country.
- Read the information in Arabic or in Mandarin.
Do you have questions? Please contact Iwona
during the library’s opening hours.