There is no class and there is no discount on courses when the school is closed.
We invite you to register for an advising appointment on our website that includes: a form about your experience with French, an online placement test, an appointment in our school and an evaluation certificate with your level and the recommended tuition program.
The documents to provide in order to register in an "au pair" course are: copy of your passport, your working contract with the family or the "DDTE" (Direction Départementale du Travail) valid or in process, the registration form (available at the AF).
You imperatively must have: a working contract with the family or the "DDTE"(Direction Départementale du Travail) and work as an "au-pair" in a family and be hosted by them. The Alliance Française de Lyon provides special timetables for "au-pair" students but does not step in the previous formalities to obtain a contract with a family or DDTE (Direction Départementale du Travail).
To be considered as an "au-pair" you must fulfil the following conditions: be 17 to 30 years old, be single with no children and know a minimum of the local language. Also you must possess or a working contract with the "DDTE" (if your are not an european citizen) or a working contract with the host family (if you are an European citizen).
The "au-pair" stay is a linguistic and cultural exchange aiming at learning a new language and discovering a culture. To be recognized as "au-pair"student, you must be employed by a local family either to look after the family children or to take care of certain duties. In return, the family will host, feed and pay you.
In the morning/afternoon courses, the classes are intensive, it takes one month to complete one level. (example: A1N1 = 60h = 1 month) In the evening courses, the classes are extensive, it takes three months to complete one level. (example A1N1 = 16h x 3 months = January, February, March or April, May, June or October, November, December)

With the student status, students benefit from health insurance, university residences and reduced rates (especially in public transport and some cinemas).

The student visa is an authorization to enter the French territory as part of a study project.

Yes of course. However, the prefecture will ask for a transcript of marks (please ask it to the school's Teaching Department) and a certificate of attendance (please ask it to the school's Registration Office).

Can't find your answer?

Contact AFLyon