Registrations for 2020
To secure a seat, we stronly recommend you to register as soon as possible.
We recommend you to register for a course at least 45 days before the start date.
Please note that 3 working days (maximum) are needed to fully process your registration. Make sure you register before or on the Tuesday preceding your start date in order to begin on the 1st day of class!
1- Click on courses or exams in the main menu
For a course, select a category and choose a duration as well as a number of hours per month. We offer decreasing tuition fees if you register for a 3-month or a 6-month period.
2- Create your personal account (one account per student)
Go up and right and click on to create your account.
3- Check out
- Your cart will include the registration fees (valid 1 year),
- If you want to use our accommodation service, please select the option. In that case, fees for accommodation search will be included.
- You can pay using a credit/debit card or bank transfer,
- Your order will only be processed upon receipt of your payment,
- For bank transfer, please note that all bank charges are exclusively at your expense and that international bank transfers can take up to 5 days to be credited to our account.
5- Certificate of registration
Upon receipt of payment, we will send you a receipt and a registration/pre-registration certificate within 2 working days. Orders placed during the Christmas holidays (end of December) will be processed after the reopening in January.
6- Placement test
Once the payment has been received, we will send you an email with the language test (to be carried out no later than 1 month before the start of the course). Your registration will be validated once you have completed the test.
7- Invitation letter
After completing the placement test, you will receive a letter indicating your level and class.
8- Prepare your arrival in Lyon
To prepare your arrival, download the AFLyon Student Handbook.
Do you need a visa?
Au pair students
If you are au pair, the Consulate of France in your country will request prior authorization from the Departmental Directorate of Labour and Employment of the Rhône (DDTEFP). This authorization is valid for 6 months maximum, subject to proof of payment of the tuition fees.