DELF A2 validates your elementary language skills, to be considerated a social player. You should be able to carry out simple everyday tasks:
- introduce yourself and others
- understand simple spoken announcements and instructions;
- understand short, simple texts;
- fill in a form with your name, nationality, address, etc;
- write a short, simple postcard;
- answer simple questions about yourself;
- ask someone simple questions;
- buy something and pay.
The DELF A1 is composed of 2 tests:
- a group TEST (1h20) which includes exercises in listening comprehension (0h20), reading comprehension (0h30) and written production (0h30),
- an individual TEST which is divided into 3 parts: preparation (0h10) of an oral presentation (5 to 7 min) consisting of a directed interview, a monologue followed by an interaction exercise.
Each part is marked out of 25 points, the total is out of 100 points. To pass, you must obtain 50/100, i.e. 50%. The minimum score required per test is 5/25.
A diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the exam and is valid for life.
Calendar of registrations and sessions
|Registration deadline||Group test||Individual test|
|Monday 2 January 2023||Thursday 16 February 2023||from 06 to 28 February 2023|
|Monday 6 February 2023||Thursday 23 March 2023||from 06 to 31 March 2023|
|Monday 11 April 2023||Wednesday 24 May 2023||from 5 to 30 June 2023|
|Monday 9 May 2023||Wednesday 21 June 2023||from5 au 30 june 2023|
|Monday 5 June 2023||Wednesday 19 July 2023||from 3 to 31 July 2023|
|Monday 28 August 2023||Wednesday 11 October 2023||from 2 to 31 October 2023|
|Monday 2 October 2023||Wednesday 15 November 2023||from 2 to 30 November 2023|
|Monday 30 October 2023||Wednesday 6 December 2023||27 November to 22 December 2023|
The following supporting documents must be attached in the “My account” area:
- Identity card or passport (with photo).
- If you have already taken DELF exam: DELF registration certificate, transcript of marks or copy of diploma including your candidate number.
Invitation to the exam: up to 1 week before the exam, you will receive your invitation by email.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- Your diploma will be sent approximately 4-5 months after the exam date (a certificate will be issued pending the receipt of the diploma) at the postal address provided during the registration.