You must wait at least 30 days to retake the test.
The TCF for Residency permit (TCF CRF) has been designed to answer the new dispositions of the French Ministry of the Interior. An A2 level in French is required for every person of less than 65 years old applying for the first time for long-term EU residency permit or a permit with a “long-stay residency – EU” mention.
The TCF for Residency permit assesses 4 General French skills :
- 20 multiple choice for oral comprehension (0h15)
- 20 multiple choices for written comprehension (0h20)
- 3 tasks for oral production, organized by progressive difficulty level (0h10)
- 3 tasks for written production, organized by progressive difficulty level (0h30)
After the test, you will get an official certificate which is valid for 2 years.
Calendar of registrations and sessions
|Date of the test||Registration deadline|
|Tuesday, April 7th||Tuesday, March 10th|
|Tuesday, July 7th||Tuesday, June 2th|
To validate your registration, you must upload the following document through your online account in “My official documents”.
Upon receipt, we will email you your invitation to the test.
Please make sure you provided us with your permanent address while registering, as we will send your diploma approximately 4-5 weeks after the test date to this same address.
- Registration fees are not refundable,
- An A2 level or above is one of the requirements to obtain a French resident permit but does not guarantee approval.
DELF Junior or DELF Pro
If you are interested in registering for DELF Junior or DELF Pro, please contact us for a quote.Contact us