The exam tests your autonomy in the use of the language. You must be able to communicate with the fluency and spontaneity of a highly competent French speaker. You must have a wide range of vocabulary and be able to choose appropriate expressions to support your comments. You produce a clear, well-constructed, fluent speech that demonstrates the controlled use of grammar structures.This exam is composed of:
- A group test (4h) including listening (40 min), reading (50 min) and writing papers – synthesis and well-reasoned essay (2h30).
- An individual test: you will have 1h to prepare an oral presentation (from written materials) and you will then present and debate the subject with your examiners (30 min).
Each paper scores 25 points of a total of 100 points. To pass the exam, you must get 50/100 or 50%. The minimum mark required per test is 5/25.If you pass the exam, you will get a diploma valid for life.
Please make sure you provided us with your permanent address while registering, as we will send your diploma approximately 4-5 weeks after the test date to this same address.
Calendar of registrations and sessions
|Registration deadline||Group test||Individual test|
|Tuesday, February 11th||Friday, March 27th||From Thursday, March 26th to Friday, April 10th|
|Tuesday, May 12th||Friday, June 26th||From Thursday, June 25th to Friday, July 10th|
To validate your registration, you must upload the following documents through your online account in “My official documents”:
- identity card or passport (with photo).
- If you have already taken DELF or DALF exam: DELF or DALF registration certificate, transcript of marks or copy of diploma including your candidate number.
Upon receipt of these above documents, we will email you your invitation to the exam.
Please make sure you provided your permanent address when registering, as we will send your diploma approximately 4-5 weeks after the test date to this address.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- If you register for the preparation course + the exam, you will enjoy 10% off the preparation course. To receive your discount code, please register online for the exam, then write us with your order number. We recommend you to register no later than 15 days before the course start date.
- Your diploma will be sent approximately 4-5 months after the exam date (a certificate will be issued pending the receipt of the diploma).
DELF Junior or DELF Pro
If you are interested in registering for DELF Junior or DELF Pro, please contact us for a quote.Contact us