The exam tests your autonomy in the use of the language. You must be able to communicate with the fluency and spontaneity of a highly competent French speaker. You must have a wide range of vocabulary and be able to choose appropriate expressions to support your comments. You produce a clear, well-constructed, fluent speech that demonstrates the controlled use of grammar structures.This exam is composed of:
- A group test (4h) including listening (40 min), reading (50 min) and writing papers – synthesis and well-reasoned essay (2h30).
- An individual test: you will have 1h to prepare an oral presentation (from written materials) and you will then present and debate the subject with your examiners (30 min).
Subject chosen: literature and social sciences.
Each paper scores 25 points of a total of 100 points. To pass the exam, you must get 50/100 or 50%. The minimum mark required per test is 5/25.If you pass the exam, you will get a diploma valid for life.
Calendar of registrations and sessions
|Month||Registration deadline||Group test||Individual test|
|October||Monday 3 September||Friday 18 October||From Friday 18 October to Thusday 31 October|
To validate your registration, you must upload the following documents through your online account in “My official documents”: identity card or passport (with photo).
If you have already taken DELF or DALF exam: DELF or DALF registration certificate, transcript of marks or copy of diploma including your candidate number.
Please note that you must also provide on the exam day: A4 envelope (225x320mm) including your name, address and the stam. Please provide your permanent address, as we will be able to mail your diploma approximately 4-5 months after the exam date.
Upon receipt of these above documents, we will email you your invitation to the exam.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- Your diploma will be sent approximately 4-5 months after the exam date (a certificate will be issued pending the receipt of the diploma).
- If you did not provide the envelope, you will have to collect your diploma at the Alliance Française de Lyon.
Réservez aujourd'hui pour bénéficier d'une réduction de 10%
DELF Junior or DELF Pro
If you are interested in registering for DELF Junior or DELF Pro, please contact us for a quote.Contact us