Lyon is ideally located less than 2h by car from the ski resorts in the Alps, 1h 55min by train from Paris and 1h 20min from Marseille (on the Mediterranean coast).
In the heart of Western Europe, The Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport is connected to 115 destinations and will allow you to travel at advantageous rates throughout France and Europe.
You can also visit many picturesque places within 2 hours of Lyon, such as:
- The Beaujolais and their golden stone villages.
- The old Annecy and its majestic lake.
- The Auvergne, a region characterized by its glacial valleys and volcanic peaks (6th position on the Lonely Planet ranking of must see regions).
- The charming villages of the Drôme with their Provence atmosphere and lavender distilleries.
- The Burgundy, its wines and the Hospices de Beaune.