Updates of September 22th, 2020
We are pleased to inform you that courses at Alliance Française have started again since June 2nd, with specific health and organization conditions. To ensure the safety of students and staff, please read and follow carefully Alliance Française health guidelines.
If you want to start again (or postpone) your course
Students can reschedule their course at a later date at no charge : please note that it is necessary to write at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible to indicate when you want to start again, after checking our start dates. To allow sufficient space between students, we now have limited classroom capacities. To secure a seat, we stronly recommend you to write us as soon as possible.
If you want to book (or booked) accommodation with us
- University residences : residences managed by CROUS will welcome new students from July.
- Host families : most of our families are keen on welcoming new students if they are willing to respect barrier gestures.
If you originally planned to arrive during our temporary closing and asked us to postpone for July or August, please write at email@example.com to check if your accommodation booking has been changed and validated by our accommodation partner.
If you wrote us to postpone your March, April or May course and booked your accommodation with us, please wrote at firstname.lastname@example.org to postpone your accommodation.
We are sorry to inform you that the library is still closed and the film-club will not be held until further notice.
If you want to apply for a refund
Please note that we can only refund using bank transfers and the refund process takes 6 to 8 weeks. As indicated in our General Terms & Conditions of Sale, yearly registration fees (valid 12 years) and fees for accommodation search are non-refundable.
- If you registered through a third-party partner (agency, Alliance Française in another country, etc.), you are invited to contact this partner to get a refund.
- If you registered for March, April & May and are unable to postpone your course, please fill in this application form and return it together with your bank details at email@example.com
- If you should have arrived in France in June, July, September (and/or after) and cannot leave your home country : if you are not able to postpone your course over the next 13 months, we will check your form and let you know if we can accept it. Please fill in this application form and return it together with your bank details at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that a penalty corresponding to 10% of your tuition fees will apply.
Visas and residence permits
As the Préfecture du Rhône is currently closed because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the validity of residence permits that expire on or after 16 March 2020 is extended by 6 months. More information is available on their website.
Please check this section regularly as we will publish regular updates.
Thank you for you understanding and take care of yourself,
The managing team